Sunday, July 5, 2020

A Small Wave of Normans


I painted some Normans. Maybe they'll fight some of the vikings or even show up in a fantasy game some time.

Five knights charging gloriously.

I'm (obviously) going for a red and white theme for these knights. The minis are the familiar (to collectors of 28mm Norman miniatures) Conquest plastics.

Five knights gloriously repositioning.

But as we all know, sometimes the Normans fought on foot. Attempting to reflect historical reality I managed to paint a small handful of Norman infantry as well.

I think the fellow in the middle is supposed to be William the Bastard, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, here he is with a few stout lads.

Still going with the red and white scheme, as you can see. If I recall correctly, they're all old Citadel historicals from the pre-slotta days. Pretty sure they're lead and everything.

Notice the distinctive shaved-back-of-the-head hairstyle which apparently was very fashionable at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Weird you'd have a whole group of people with the same given name. How do they tell each other apart?

    ReplyDelete