Monday, October 21, 2019

Four-legged Sharp-toothed Creatures

This morning, the early hours, I saw something disturbing down at the old barn. You know, the one at the edge of the woods. The one only used by vagabonds and crows seeking shelter from the rain.

This morning I saw three wolves, running as if possessed. They did not stop when they saw me. They did not stop by the carcass of the deer I had brought down. Not for a moment. They just kept running. I wondered at that.

Some old school wolves. I think Reaper (?)

I put it out of mind and set about to dress the deer. This would help us through the coming winter. Less than half an hour passed before I saw wherefore the pack had fled. Behind the wolves, following their tracks, was a pack of hideous creatures easily twice the size of a grown man. Multicoloured and behorned, tentacled and slavering, beholden to no mortal taxonomy - they were beasts of chaos. Hounds of some sort, I would call them.

This winter will bring tears, I reckon.

GW Chaos Warhounds, mounted on 25 x 50 mm bases because I recently decided that I'll be sticking to WFB basing for my minis.

The Chaos Hounds were painted mostly using contrast paint. Some of the colours are really good. Some of them are quite poor, in my eyes. And different shades have very different use cases, it seems. Still, a good addition to the toolbox and they do help get projects started for me so that's a definite plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment