Friday, January 3, 2020

Three Lists for 2020

I'm normally not one for new years resolutions so this isn't one of those. Rather, it's three separate lists.

Things I'm Pretty Sure I'll Get Around To In 2020


  • Finish painting the minis for two sides of a Dragon Rampant game, and play that game with a friend.
  • Play a few more games of Killteam at work.
  • Buy and read Oathmark once it's out.
  • Paint some more miniatures - especially Vikings, Normans, Gaels as well as small handfuls of goblins, beastmen, chaos warriors, dragon ogres and rpg specific models.
  • Get my OSR derived minis rpg/ skirmish ruleset project to a state where I can playtest it, and do so. Try it out to see if I can make it scale up to early WFB sized rank and flank type games as well.

Things I Might Get Around To In 2020, If Things Work Out Right

  • Play more games of Dragon Rampant in a narrative fashion, building from the one game above.
  • Try out the Xenos Rampant mod fro Dragon Rampant using my 40K figures.
  • Get one or more of my Viking ship models table ready.
  • Paint more miniatures, of course.... looking at 40K Sisters and Imperial Guard, as well as more Elves and some 10mm fantasy.
  • Maybe kitbash (and paint) an assortment of Inq 28 type minis.


Things I HAVE To Do Before Buying More Minis Of Various Sorts


This one is more important, and I'm putting it here in order to keep the twin peaks of Mt. Grey Plastic and Mt. White Metal from growing ever larger.

  • No new fantasy or historical troop miniatures until I have painted at least one full force of Vikings and Normans for Saga.
  • No new fantasy troop miniatures until I finish off my "almost done" High Elf army enough to field a full force for fantasy Saga and/ or Warlords of Erewhon AND I have painted a similar sized force of goblins/ monsters/ beastmen/ whatevers.
  • No new MDF or other buildings until I finish off the Norman Hall and the few other Sarissa dark ages buildings I have.
  • No new "oh this could make some cool terrain" purchases of bits and bobs until I complete at least three separate terrain type projects (small is okay).
  • No new 40K Sisters until I've painted at least half of what I already have.
  • No new 40K Tau until I've painted all the new stuff I have, and at least one unit of the ebay rescues.
  • No new 40K anything else until I'm able to field two opposing Xenos Rampant forces, painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment