Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Actually Painted Miniatures: High Elves

Actually Painted Miniatures are posts where I show miniatures I painted "a while ago".

I fielded a High Elf army in several editions of Warhammer Fantasy Battle. The sad reality is that very few of the units were fully painted and based... and with WFB's sad demise it's an open question whether or when I'll finish the several "mostly painted" units I have. But I did get some things painted.

Here are some of the more heroic elements of the army:

An Elven King, a wood elf falcon rider sans rider standing in for a giant eagle, a dragon rider mounted on a giant eagle, a wizard, and an earth elemental (which never actually joined the army since the winds of magic appeared). Everything is citadel, and except the birds they're all lead.


I'm pretty sure they've achieved heroic deeds on the battlefield, but I mostly recall the times they fled off the table, blew themselves up, or otherwise failed to live up to their full Elven potential.

Skarloc's lot are another batch of old lead miniatures. Of course, even before GW killed off Warhammer Fantasy Battle it had been impossible to field Elf archers with shields for several editions - Wood, High, or Dark - it didn't matter.


There were a lot more of them in the box. Alas, I've lost the standard bearer along the way somewhere :(

No comments:

Post a Comment